Job Posting – Client Service Specialist at Mediation Center of the Pacific
Client Service Specialist
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls or walk-ins.
Responsible for Client Services activities including: opening, scheduling and managing mediations, facilitations and other dispute resolution processes. Responsible for the coordination and support of specialized mediation programs; client contact to ensure understanding of the mediation process and appropriate preparation; and the creation of checklists and step-by-step processes for the Client Service Department to ensure efficient scheduling, preparation and neutral assignment for all cases
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 – 5 years of conflict resolution; client/customer service experience; case intake experience preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
- Knowledge of mediation, dispute resolution, legal issues and case management preferred
- Experience in a social service and/or paralegal/law setting preferred
- Ability to triage calls, conduct intake and coordinate mediation sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proper telephone and email etiquette required
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and reliable
- Proven ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision, as well as being part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Successful experience in working with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to remain calm and positive in all stressful situations
- Demonstrated skills in working with difficult or emotional people both on the telephone and face-to-face
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- High level of computer competency, including Microsoft Office Programs for word processing, spreadsheets, and ability to learn new software programs is required
- Ability to gather and input data accurately while simultaneously gathering the information from a Client on the telephone
Job Type: Full-time
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]mediatehawaii.org. No phone calls or walk-ins.